Thursday, April 14, 2022

My Wanderings 2022 - Behind Cannery Row - Where the Bay meets the "Row"


I walk through Cannery Row several times a week.  "The row", is filled will history, shops and the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  When  I walk, I take all the coastal access entries so that I get to the back of the buildings, small beaches and overlooks.  The views are fabulous!  


When the canneries were open, sardines crossed the streets through bridges.  They still line the streets and you can cross over Cannery Row in them. 


You can get behind Doc Ricketts lab.   Ed Ricketts was marine biologist, subject of John Steinbeck's Cannery Row and well......my history crush!  Swoon!




Slide back behind the buildings and it is magical!


The ocean comes right up to the buildings.


Behind the Monterey Bay aquarium.





There are a few remnants of the past that still exist.


I love to watch the waves hit the posts and walls that hold the buildings up.







#18 new experience of this year.
Another new hat!


#19 new experience
I'm teaching myself how to edit video.  Noelle had been helping me, but her job is keeping her more than busy, so I'm teaching myself....
A work in progress, please check out my you tube channel.  







No comments:

Post a Comment