Sunday, April 17, 2022

My Wanderings 2022 - On my Walk - Through the Magic Carpet in Pacific Grove, California


Before Phil and I ever moved here, we admired the beauty of Pacific Grove.  We would look at the images of the pinkish/purple magic carpet online, dreaming of living here. Not a day goes by that I don't enjoy and feel grateful for the beauty around me.  It has helped me cope with losing Phil.  Each one of my walks is filled with the love and memories that he left me.
 
"In 1943, living in a tiny cabin overlooking Pacific Grove’s Lovers Point, gardener and self-styled adventurer Hayes Perkins (1874–1964) began to clear a poison oak-covered ocean bluff in Pacific Grove.  Perkins’s hand-water the coastal bluff with a mix of shrubs and South African drosanthemum floribundum, a succulent of the ice plant variety. Over 14 years he single-handedly created a nearly one-mile-long pathway into a dazzling springtime carpet of fluorescent-purple blooms, a floral “Magic Carpet”. Named Perkins Park in 1950, the garden plays an important role in the town’s appeal as a resort destination."























I'm still working on my video skills.   Having fun and I have a lot to learn!!!!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment