Sunday, February 6, 2022

My Favorite Ten Images from Week 5 of My Wanderings - Jan 31 -Feb 6, 2022 - A Visit to Alta Bakery in Monterey

My favorite images this week:


If you keep your eye open when you are around the kelp beds in Monterey and Pacific Grove, you can often spot Sea Otters.   


Dawn is my favorite, I love the morning light.
"When the sun is low on the horizon during sunrises and sunsets, the sunlight travels through more of the atmosphere. Shorter wavelength colors (blues and violets) get scattered out. This leaves more of the longer wavelength colors like yellow, orange, and red. This is why sunrises often take on such colors"



The sun was reflecting of the water in the tidal pools


Seal lion enjoying the early sun.


Harbor seal talking to its neighbor.



“When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.”
― John Muir


Calla Lily


What's new??  # 5 of 64 new experiences in 2022

My new activity, well... it once again included food.

Alta Bakery was my destination for something new!  I have walked through the gardens, but the bakery has always been busy.  This week, there wasn't a line, I looked around, took images and  when I went inside, there was one more piece of ham and shallot quiche.  I had them box it, I took it with me and walked it home.  I heated it up, had a cup of tea and ate it in the garden.  Freaking delicious!  I loved it.  In the spring the gardens around the bakery are incredible, this one is well worth a visit.  



For my instagram please click on link below:



In the video below I caught 2 sea otters eating mussels under Wharf 2 in Monterey.





No comments:

Post a Comment