Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Week 13 of My Wanderings - Mar 28 - Apr 3, 2022 - Sea Otters, Sea Lions and Brandt's Cormorants


The days have started with clouds and a marine layer.  The color of sunrise was rare this week.



This week started with Sea Otters at the Coast Guard jetty.  I spotted one feeding right off the boat dock.   He was joined by a sea gull and then another.  I love mornings that start with a sea otter sighting!






Pulling mussels from underneath the boat dock.


At the end of the jetty the Brandt's Cormorants are nesting.  They show their special plumage for the mating and nesting season, the blues are spectacular and there is lots of nesting materials being gathered.




A snowy egret visits the cormorants.


An Osprey sat at the top of one of the docked boats watching the goings on below.




One morning I headed toward Carmel Valley looking for sun, but it was cloudy there too.  I had a very lovely walk none the less.



Can't resist a sea lion mug.


The wildflowers on the trail between Monastery Beach and Carmel River Beach....well they are getting beautiful!






A hummingbird was showing off a beautiful colored collar.



As I walked on the coastal trail in Pacific Grove, a black cat posed for me.


My free spirit has been talking to me lately.  After being a caregiver for Phil for 4 years and doing 365 days of images, I'm feeling the need of spontaneity.  I will no longer follow the routine of a weekly blog.  I am free styling it for a while.  I will continue my 64 new experiences and sharing them.

#16 new experience
This week my only new experience was seeing a ladybug on the beach.  I've never seen one walking across the beach before.  Pretty cute stuff!



Here's to another week full of beauty!
The wildflower in the dunes of Asilomar.....












No comments:

Post a Comment