Monday, March 28, 2022

Week 12 of My Wanderings - Mar 21 - Mar 27, 2022 - Sea Otter on the Boat Dock in Monterey


 What's new??  64 new experiences in 2022
A new experience for each one of my years on the planet.

#14 - My fourteenth new experience this year, happened a la natural.  Ha!  I was walking to the end of the boat dock in Monterey to take photos of the sunrise and when I got to the end of the dock, there lay a sea otter.  It looked like it was sleeping, I backed up and when up higher onto a deck area.  I watched it stretch, look around and cover its eyes to block out the world.  Amazing!  First time I have ever seen a sea otter on the deck of the boat dock!  Woohoo!





Morning Moon




Did I mention that I love my morning walk??
Sunrise




I walked in Carmel one morning this week - when I came around the corner and saw the sunrise I was overwhelmed by the beauty.


The wildlife along the way.

Sea Otter peering over the kelp at me.



Crow and Oystercatcher


Snowy Plover


Sea Lions


Brewer's Blackbird
(I love them, they look like grumpy bird)


Along the coastal trail in Pacific Grove.  The purple "magic carpet" is coming back for the spring.



Always time for a beach walk.  In fact one of my "new habits" is taking time without my camera sometimes when I go to the beach.  I have been meditating by the ocean with much quiet success.






#15 new experience - I have been missing Phil a lot lately, it seems to go in spells.  This time of the year he would grill out some delicious food for dinner.  His grill, that Noelle and I got him for father's day 2018, has been sitting and rusting away.  I went online for solutions, I read about how to turn the gas grill into a charcoal burning grill.  I took all the parts having to do with propane off, added a metal plate and hopefully I will have an image of me grilling out soon.  Phil would have been mighty proud of me, I could feel him smiling at me.
Miss you Phil!


“So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.”







No comments:

Post a Comment