Saturday, November 2, 2019

Hometown Joy - Pacific Grove Breakers vs Greenfield - Seniors 2020 Night Football


This blog centers around a fun evening watching our local high school's Friday night football game.  I've been seeing the lights, the action and the call of the "sports" photo.  Our friend Michele has been going to the games and enjoying our home town spirit.  In discussing the fun, Phil and I were invited to a game and thought it sounded great.

Phil didn't have the best week and when it came time to go to the ballgame, he didn't feel up to it.  We did however have a lovely dinner with Michele and Candice and then Phil went home to rest.  I went with Candice and Michele to the game.  

Which brings me to this:

Dear Michele and Candice,

The joy that you bring Phil and myself is appreciated and I hope you know you are much loved.  This week had its shadowy moments and the game brought some laughter, nostalgia and a whole bunch of love into the evening.  I had a great time, the game was exciting, we got to share the seniors special night and I remembered some of the joys of being young.  Thank you for your love.

Hugs to you both,

Linda 



and here are some of my "sports" photos -


The night started with the senior football players being joined by their loved ones on the field.  I was drawn to the mascot which is a breaker,   Everyone was getting some attention from the wave.  They played a tsunami warning to start the game!


The senior cheerleaders were recognized and I thought they were fabulous.  I shot quite a few "sports" shots of the cheerleaders.






The game began, you could feel the excitement in the air.






One spectacular highlight of the game was a tshirt propelling robot that one group of students was running.  It provided lots of giggles, Michele and Candice wished and tried for the t-shirt.  We ended up with one - sorry Phil it was a size S, so we gave it to some lovely people who had handed it to us.  Fun!!!  Smiles!




Fabulous kicker!!!





I was excited for half time and it didn't disappoint.  My review is - splendid - good job everyone!
The seniors in the band were recognized, they had a poster for each one and each band member did their things.  Dancing, playing musical instruments and smiles were everywhere.






Senior Dance Team




Flags, dancing and the band, it was pure joy for me.








Great show and back to football!









The great news is that Pacific Grove won 35 - 16!
Congratulations!

I'm sure you can tell I had a great time, I'm now a fan!  We are hoping for some play offs!
and basketball and track!


Snazzy new sweatshirt.  Thank you C & M.

I took a couple of short videos!







No comments:

Post a Comment