Friday, October 18, 2019

Whale watching, sea sickness and the time of my life.


(click on photos to make them larger)

Today I did something I have wanted to do for a long time - whale watching.  Candice and Michele invited us to go with them.  Phil choose to decline as he says, he was smart.  We had big swells in the bay and I couldn't resist the adventure....
The sun was out and the opportunity sat in front of me.
I had been reading about all the wildlife that has been seen in the bay lately.


I can't remember a time that I wasn't fascinated with whales.  I have been whale watching several times in Santa Barbara and once in Hawaii.  I have never been in Monterey Bay, and I have been dreaming of it.  I was more than excited to get on the boat.


We started with sea lions frolicking in the bay, we spotted them several times on our trip.  The were jumping, bobbing and peering up to take a look at us.


A sea otter in the kelp.  It was fun seeing the Coast Guard Jetty from the other side.



We were off into the bay.  (Little did I know that the back of the boat would end up being my section)



It's okay, the view was spectacular from there.


We spotted a couple of humpbacks that seemed to be taking their time.  We followed them for a while.
I was taking photos and the swells started to get to me....
It seemed that looking into the LED screen was making me feel nauseous.  My friends helped me to the back of the boat where you didn't notice the swells as bad.
It interrupted my photo taking for a minute..
a quick barf and I was back on track.




It was amazing!!!






There were many birds and sea lions all about the ocean.




Amazing nature.


We spotted some Risso dolphins that were slowly moving around.  We stopped and well....I got nauseous again...


The most spectacular sight distracted me from my tummy, the Risso dolphin started to move as if running from something through the water.  It was my favorite part of the trip.  Nature is truly wondrous, and I was loving the adventure.  









We continued to see a couple more whales as we went way out into the bay.  I did puke one more time.  But I have to tell you, I was pretty neat about it all, a couple of coughs and I was taken care of.  My friends helped me in many ways, pointing out my photo opportunities, holding me up while I took photos and rubbing my back when I wasn't feeling good.
I LOVED MY ADVENTURE!


Candice and Michele, I had the time of my life.
Thank you it was amazing!


http://www.montereybaywhalewatch.com/  Thank you for your kind and knowledgeable staff.  Made a lifetime memory.  Thank you.



1 comment:

  1. What an adventure!! The Monterey Bay is the perfect place, so glad you got to enjoy it. 😍

    ReplyDelete