Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Images of family fun at the Monterey Bay Aquarium


My daughter Nicole is visiting and the entire family headed to what we consider a tradition, a visit to  the Monterey Bay Aquarium.   Noelle, my younger daughter works at the Cafe in the aquarium plus Phil and I have both worked there, and we all share a love of the ocean.  We had a blast, learned some new things and savored our precious moments together. 


Phil, Nicole, Noelle and I were joined by friends Leslie and Kerri.  We shared many laughs and giggles, great for the spirit and morale.
  If you haven't visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium, it is an incredible learning experience as well as what I would call eye candy.

On to the fun at the aquarium.

 click on the photo to make it larger

 We got to see baby jellies.  




Sea Nettles



Sardines


Phil has been receiving chemo, but was feeling well enough to enjoy himself.  We had lots of laughs and love.


Learning about the dangers of plastics in the sea.  Nicole, we are thrilled to have you visit.  We love you.




Cute Kerri!


Phil I love you, you are my hero.


Bigfin reef Squid




Enjoying the exhibits.








In the aviary.... Through the looking glass.....


This year has been a big one in Nicole's life.  She has survived a big year and is learning to thrive again....photography has started to peak her interest and we had a great time taking photos together today.  Here is Nicole's photos:










I love this image that Nicole caught, a reflection of both Nicole and myself taking photographs.  Nicole, I love all your photos, thanks for joining in and you can't possibly get back here soon enough to visit.

Nicole and I have been sharing similar journeys in the past couple years.  We are both learning to live with changes, challenges and new  "normal's".  I hope photography brings you as much joy and peace as it brings me Nicole.   I had a great time today and am grateful that we all got to spend time together.

Enjoying each moment.

Happy Birthday Darin - We miss and love you.








No comments:

Post a Comment