Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Overwhelming and Wonderful.


It's been a while since I wrote a blog.  Life has been overwhelming and wonderful all at once.  Our journey has been a roller coaster, the lows are difficult and the highs are the best days of our lives.
Since I wrote the last blog we had a memorial for Darin, my daughters husband.  He lost his battle with addiction and as always there have been lessons learned, healing to do and love, lots of love going around.  The sadness I have felt for my daughter while this was going on was felt to the tips of my toes.  This was difficult for everyone in both families, sometimes no matter how hard you may try to save someone, from themselves and addiction, you just can't do it.  To Nicole - "I love you, I'm proud for how you have handled yourself and I'm always here for you.  I look forward to watching where life takes you."




Darin had several life celebrations, he had friends and family around the world. We celebrated his life at sea, as this is where Darin felt most comfortable.   A wonderful gathering of family and friends, it was beautiful and a fitting good-bye.  We were very nervous for Phil, he has not attempted a boat ride since all the brain surgeries and treatments.  He has bouts of dizziness and his equilibrium is still improving....  Phil  had his mind made up he wanted to go the the life celebration and we were on our way.  Phil did fine, it was just another "challenge" which becomes opportunity and another victory in healing.  The lesson that comes to me from all of this, everyone is going through something.  Be kind to others and realize everyone heals at their own rate and in their own way.  Grief is personal and the best thing you can give someone is your love and your time.


One of the beautiful things that happened is that we got to spend time with Nicole and celebrate her birthday.  We had a grand time at the aquarium, a birthday party over looking Monterey Bay and just having wonderful family time.  Freaking Fabulous.  
Happy 40th to Nicole!





As Nicole's plane took off, the smoke from a fires in both Northern and Southern California brought dimness and bad air to our area.  There was a sadness hanging over California.  We were kept indoors due to the smoke and air warnings.  Sometimes the quiet moments can be the hardest to fill.  Phil and I cleaned house, watched movies and talked and talked and talked.  The quiet moments often get filled with the realness of the situation.  The sadness, the depression and the tears can move in.  We let them roll over us and let ourselves heal after the emotions pass through and we push toward the positive.  We watched the fires on television, the current political situation and sometimes it was hard to find the laughter, but we did.  We broke out of the house a couple of times when the cabin fever set in, we would take a drive and take photos.   One day at a time.




The end of November brought pet sitting.  Once again animals provide love, therapy and kisses to us.






When December hit, we started walking and walking and walking.
This is what keeps us going, gives us joy and peace.
Walking is what I believe is leading to the improvement in my photography.....I take my camera and shoot what seems interesting, noting what is working and what is not.  Practice has been my best teacher and watching other people's responses to my images on social media.  Everyone kept urging me to get on instagram, I was hesitant because my phone is ancient and it is hard to work on.  I figured out how to look at instagram on my laptop and load photos from my phone.  Not the easiest process but what I am learning from the photographers I follow and who follow me, has been invaluable.  Instagram has ended up being a wonderful teacher.  










Friday is the next MRI, which is always a time of apprehension.  We are feeling optimistic and are hoping that the spot they have found remains the same or even better yet disappears.
We are going into a month of dog sitting and are very grateful.  The holidays are upon us and we have been trying to bring the spirit into our home and our beings.  The Monterey Peninsula is looking cheerful and we have been trying to take in the beauty of the season.














We have a wish for the new year, we hope that we will be able to travel and take some time to visit family and friends.  Finances are always tight, so to help with the funding, I am selling cards and prints of my images on my Etsy page.   It has been fun for me, gives me a creative outlet and hopefully will help fund a dream for Phil and I.  All the sales on that page will go toward our "make a wish" trip at the beginning of the year.

Each of the cards has an image on the front, blank on the inside and on the back a photo of Phil and I and our blog address.
Click on the photo to take you to my Etsy.
Your purchase will be much appreciated and will help us take the trip of a lifetime.




Happy Holidays to all, I'm praying for peace in the new year.  One day at a time....
Filled with gratitude, love and appreciation.




No comments:

Post a Comment