Saturday, October 24, 2015

Oops I Lost my Crystal Ball

What a sunrise it was this morning, spectacular.  Lots of pastels - oranges, pale blues and yellows.
Crisp air, big waves and high tide.
I arrive at the beach with anticipation......I love sunrise, it is exciting putting the crystal ball in the water and photographing it.  This morning I ran out alone, ahead of my husband Phil.  I'm always worried I will miss the colors of the sunrise.



I have the best time putting the crystal ball into the waves and photographing the waves coming in and out over the crystal ball.  The light in the ball, prism effect rainbows and just the sound of the waves all add to the pleasure of the sunrise.




It was a beautiful, calm morning, photos were going well.  Suddenly the tide took a wild twist and started to come in on me pretty fast.


The waves started bouncing off the breakwater and coming in sideways as well as from the front.
My crystal ball was surrounded and engulfed.....  I can still see the rainbow that the crystal ball puts on the water, but no ball.

       

         Soon it was engulfed and never to be seen again......I guess someone will have a great treasure to find one day.  A giant round piece of sea glass.
It's okay there is another.........

 

No comments:

Post a Comment