Thursday, October 15, 2015

My sister and myself on Hardcopy - Michael Jackson, the House Keeper and the maid.





Michael Jackson, my sister and I.
I think it was 1991, my sister and I were shopping for a gift for my youngest daughters birthday.  When we came out to the car, we realized we had a flat tire.  Patti said she knew how to change the tire so we started to proceed.  The car was new, the tire was still somehow sealed in the trunk and we couldn't  get the tire out.
We waited for the next person who came out of the mall and asked for help.  The gentleman was a kind looking gentleman and he was traveling with a man with a huge nose and a young boy.  The man with the huge nose, helped me in the trunk and the man we asked to help, proceeded to help Patti with the jack up front.  There was some salty language from us, we were frustrated and nervous.  I kept talking to the man who was helping me with the tire in the trunk.  He just kept helping me, for some reason I noticed his hands, they were very manicured.  I had been avoiding looking him in the eye because the nose was so huge, I did not want to appear to be staring.  When he spoke, the tone of his voice, stopped me in my tracks.  I then looked at him, in my mind I knew it was Michael Jackson, but my rational self, said no.  I skirted up to the front of the car and tried to signal my sister that it was Michael Jackson.
As so often I teased my sister, saying I saw famous people, even if they just resembled the star. We lived in Santa Barbara, there were lots of celebrities everywhere. Therefore she did not believe me.  She put her hands on her hips and walked up and took a good look.  Micheal and the child entered the Bronco parked next to us.  My feeling was he knew, we had figured out what was going on.  Mark (the man who we flagged down) explained they couldn't help us, that he was Michael Jackson's estate manager and that was Michael Jackson.  I ran to the gas station next door to get help - they waited until I returned and they drove off.  Patti and I did a Michael Jackson crouch grab and scream as they drove off.
We ended up sending flowers to Michael's estate and in turn Mark called us and had autographed photos and a letter sent to us.
A year later Hard Copy called us and interviewed us, and that is where this little GIF came from.  For the whole Hard Copy, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l72nrd4jkjg


1 comment: