Sunday, January 9, 2022

My Favorite Ten Images from Week 1 of My Wanderings - Jan 3-9 2022 - Jumping Back Into My Life


A new year!  I'm barreling right into this one.  Last year I spent each day doing a blog, dedicated to my husband Phil, who succumbed to brain cancer on July 9, 2020.  I found myself putting every bit of love I could muster into it and what I would call extreme dedication.  This year I'm looking for new experiences, moving forward in life and finding the fun!  I pledged 64 new experiences this year to myself, one for each year I have been on this earth.  I'm also picking out my 10 favorite images each week from my walks I take each day. I'm continuing to work on my photography and creative skills, while finding a new life for myself.  Trying a little more relaxed attitude and trying to get my groove back.  

 My first new experience this year was a big one, I had a surgery to remove a cyst.  I had developed a cyst on my scalp about the same time my husband was diagnosed with brain cancer.  The cyst came up in approximately the same location as Phil's cancer presented, mine on the scalp and his inside the brain.  The first time it showed itself to others was when Phil had his 3rd seizure.  I came out of the shower to him having a grand mal seizure, I called 911 and passed out while I was talking to them.  I came to, when the ambulance got to the apartment.  They took me to the hospital along with Phil.  They were examining my head and found the lump, asking if I had hit my head.  I told them I had noticed the lump a few months previous.  They looked at it and told me not to worry, it was a pilar cyst and not a problem.  The entire time Phil was on his journey with cancer, the cyst continued to grow.  I always thought that I had developed it empathetically in a reaction to what he was going through.  I was was sure it would go away after he died.  It did not, instead it continued to grow.  I visited a dermatologist and he recommended it be removed.  I'm starting the new year minus one golf ball sized cyst and gained 8 stitches.  It is being biopsied, but he reassured me that cancer in a pilar cyst was very rare.  I'm glad it is gone, I feel it will help me move in a forward direction.  I'm also hoping that the rest of my new experiences this year are fun, delicious or beautiful.

The first part of the week I did wander......and had a great time taking images.  


Sunrise at Monterey Harbor


Rainbow in Pacific Grove.




Waves right over the breakwater at Lover's Point in Pacific Grove.



Sea Otter


Sanderlings


I had two new experiences this week, working my way towards 64 of them this year.
#1 cyst removal
#2 unicorn tea steeped in a narwhal.  - delicious!  All the way from the Green Corner Store in Little Rock Arkansas.  Thank you Nicole for the tea and Noelle for the Narwhal!


Sunrise at the boat launch.  I'm trying to show a little more of the places that I take photos at.  I love to catch the sunrise over the water, at the end of the launch.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment