Wednesday, February 12, 2020

We lock eyes and weep tears of love


Is that sound that resonates through me, my own heart breaking?  Is it my soul shattering from watching the love of my life suffer?  As we locked eyes this evening there were tears of love that poured from us.  Phil continues to have challenges, it seems Astrocytoma is weaving her veil through his brain.  He recently had another seizure, has lost the use of his left arm and spent a couple of nights in the hospital.  Radiation has been a rough ride, my hope is that it will help in some way. My heart breaks, my role of caregiver has expanded to full time and I cried the night away.

My birthday passed with love, support and the help of friends.  Noelle's birthday was yesterday and profound is the only word to describe it.  

We all try to find peace in the middle of this storm.

I want to say thank you for your love and support.  I continue to find love surrounding me.
Gratitude keeps me hanging in here.

I know that in many ways I'm the luckiest woman in the world, but this minute I'm allowing grief to pass over me.  To have been loved by this man has been a blessing of a lifetime. He has been the kindest, most loving, best friend, lover and husband that I could ever have dreamed of.  

Our walks are shorter, our hearts are heavy but the beauty that surrounds us, never escapes us.

Thank you again for your love, support and prayers.
We are in need of all of them.



"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all."

Emily Dickinson


No comments:

Post a Comment