Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Pelicans, MRI's, Butterflies and an Anniversary!


This week as every week that there is an MRI, is like a whirl of energy.  It is ups and downs, tears and laughs, fear and hope all rolled up into one.  This one has been difficult is someways.  Both Phil and I seem to be rolling with through the stages of having cancer and moving through the emotions of all of it, it is like coming out of shock.  Denial, fear, hope, acceptance and living!  I have not slept well for the last two nights.  The weather been warm, the dreams have been disturbing and the MRI always puts our life into perspective.  I'm sure the people around us can feel our energy and know that we are struggling with the stresses that come with cancer.  To those who continue to hug us, thank you.

Yesterday I jumped up with the sunrise.  I see hope in those sunrises.  It is the beginning of another day.  Another beautiful day, one to be grateful for and one to live to it's fullest.


The sunrise starts off with soft colors and pastels.  I think of all the times that Phil and I have spent in the very spot that I'm taking photos from.  We lived across the street from Lover's Point for a couple of years.  Many mornings were spent watching the sunrise together.  20 years together and 12 years married on Oct 28.  My heart sings that we celebrate this day together.  I love you Phil, Happy Anniversary!!  Lover's Point may be one of our very favorite places in the world.  



As the sun peaks the sun becomes intense.  It is at this moment, I try to meditate.  This quote from Winnie the Pooh sums it up:

“What day is it?"
It's today," squeaked Piglet.
My favorite day," said Pooh.” 
― A.A. Milne


Jellies and yoga on the beach.



After the sun came up, I decided to check on the birds, I seem to be developing into a bird watcher.  The light on the ocean was more than beautiful, amazing sight and a wonderful spot for another meditation and to try to center myself.  After I go home we will get ready to go to the hospital for blood work.



Hopes, dreams and trust in the future.  Perhaps only one minute at a time........



On the way home, the sunlight in the town, we call home looked beautiful.  The Halloween decorations were happy and I let myself be taken away by quaint Pacific Grove.










Then we prepared for "Adventure" Monday, which includes blood work.  We picked up Noelle and we head to the hospital.  Mustaches and lips in tow.  After all it is Halloween and we have our favorites at the hospital.  Blood work goes smoothly with Phil's friend David, we pass out our treats and another thing checked off the list!


We have lunch with Noelle, she has played many roles in this journey with us, but most of all she has been our friend.  We spent a little time at the beach, we watch an amazing bird feeding and then we were off to the Butterfly Sanctuary!





Joined by a branch, grown together.


This time there were many butterflies when we visited the sanctuary.  I took the butterflies as a very good omen and am putting my trust in the universe.  Butterflies were flitting everywhere, they were perched in the trees and we can't wait to visit again.  The MRI is Wed. morning at 7:30 in the morning and the doctor's appointment is later that day, it is going to be a long day.  Butterflies bring hope on their beautiful wings.









Celebrating 20 years of love and 12 years of marriage on Oct. 28th.  To health, love and best of all celebrating another anniversary!  Love you Philly!





No comments:

Post a Comment