Sunday, May 29, 2016

June is Phil's birthday month, a month of chemo and MRI results

June 28th will be Phil's 41st birthday.  It is going to be around the time we see the MRI to check to see if the radiation and chemo are working on his cancer.  Its all such a mixed bag of emotions at this time.  This is going to be a big month for Phil, I hope that everyone will show him much love.  I'm planning on a hug and squeeze fest this month.  I want June to be a magical month for him.  He does have to endure more chemo starting at the beginning of June, but love will rule this month.  I'm going to encourage everyone, please give him love and positive thoughts all month long.  



This relationship between Phil and I, took us both by surprise, at first.  The age difference, the circumstance and our stages in life.....But we just clicked.  We have had an extraordinary love affair, a once in a lifetime, love affair and it really began on a journey. A journey across the country, a beautiful, memorable trip across the country.   Our whole life together has been an adventure full of love, travel and fun.  It began in the middle of 1997, we set off with a Penske truck, a Chevy van,  a U haul trailer, 2 dogs, 2 cats, fish, turtles, rabbit, my daughters and a boyfriend, on an incredible journey.   Oh yes, it was June right before Phil's birthday.  From Santa Barbara, California to Orlando, Florida.  This trip is one I'm sure none of us will ever forget, it was an adventure of a lifetime.

As in any journey across the country, there are adventures, stories and human interactions that come into play.  Phil's birthday, was an adventure for sure.  We had spent the night with our menagerie at my parents house in Jacksonville, Arkansas.  That morning one of our cats, a big yellow cat Joey, who only wanted to be petted with your feet, got out of my parents house.  Start the day with drama, first thing in the morning -  Joey was never to be found.  We proceeded with our parade of vehicles and animals heading toward Orlando.  I kid you not, we get to Transylvania, Louisiana and the U haul trailer that I am pulling with our Chevy van has a blow out in one of its tires.  Right across the street from a big black bat painted on a water tower.  We are in the middle of the country, a police man drives up hands us our hub cap, and says, "I think you might of lost this", and freaking drives off.  Phil and I still laugh about that adventure, Ron (the boyfriend) recently sent these photos from the side of the road in Transylvania.  





 We only spent 3 months in Florida, it whipped our butts.  It was hot, miserable and filled with work.  Phil and I worked several jobs, including delivering papers in the middle of the night.  Not much time for romance, but we did get to know each other a little better.  I even developed a certain talent at throwing a newspaper, I can remember what it felt like the air in the middle of the night in Florida.  I liked the middle of the nights, they were cool, quiet and dark.  We ran away from there, back to Arkansas, where we decided to live in a wonderful little town Eureka Springs.  I'd say that Eureka Springs is where we fell in love......  We ended up getting married there in 2005, in a quiet ceremony with our friends, Tom and Cathy, a couple of wine slushies, some giggles, in a old time photo shop called Judge Roy Beans.  But that is another story, for another time.









No comments:

Post a Comment