Sunday, October 7, 2018

We say goodbye to Penelope the Purple PT Cruiser and Hello to Rusty Subishi -- Cuqui's Cars in Marina saves the day again!


Letting go is hard....but is a part of life.  Penelope has been pooping out for a while now.  Finances prevented us getting her fixed, she has a few dilemmas going on with her system.  
It ends up getting her fixed was going to be more expensive than the value of the car.  She did however have great tires (thank you Chris) and that gave her a bit of a trade in value.

Of course Penelope breaking down happened at the same time as Phil has been going through trying to find out what was going on with the spot they had found on the MRI.  We still know the same thing as we knew before, there is a spot and it is a wait and see situation.  Hard but reality.

When Phil was first diagnosed with cancer, we lost our car at the time on my birthday.
Now we find out there is a spot on his brain and Penelope poops out.

Candice, you are the first person I must say thank you to.  You have held my hand while I have been scared, you make sure that things keep moving and there is no way to express our thanks and love to both you and Michele.  We love you.......

Have no doubt there is love in our lives, love and friendship beyond belief.

That takes us to finding a car and a thank you to a local business, who has treated us with love, respect and fairness.  

Cuqui's is where we found Penelope and it is where we headed when we needed new wheels.  Alberto helped get us into Penelope and was there with help when we needed him again.
We were dealt with in a fair, compassionate and professional manner, and he helped direct us to another car that we love.
They took Penelope as a trade in, gave us a fair price and we are in love with the new car.

Meet Rusty Subishi
her last name is pronounced su bitchy.  :)
She is not rusty or bitchy.  Ha!

Rusty

It wasn't easy to give up Penelope, memories of the last two years were all wrapped up in her.  What service she gave us......journeys we will never forget.  She took us to all the doctor appointments, up to Oregon on a trip that instilled confidence into two people who were broken and on many adventures with my daughter Noelle.  We say good bye to Penelope with love and thanks.  







We loved you Penelope, thank you for your service.
I have shed a tear or two about this, for I loved her dearly.

As in life there are things that you wish weren't going on....but then you just have to accept and figure out what to do.
That is where we were.  We headed right back to Cuqui's and Alberto.
Going through, what Phil and I have been experiencing, you look to where you have found kindness, professionalism and a feeling of fairness.
We have been treated with all of that from:

Alberto - kind human being and salesman extraordinaire 

We test drove a few vehicles but when we drove Rusty we knew she was the one for us.
She handled well, is just what we needed and is in good condition.



Penelope and Rusty sitting next to each other.  Rusty is a 2006 Mitsubishi, Outlander.   





A little extra service right before we leave.  We had just been pulled over for our license plate bulb being burned out.  When the officer pulled us over in Penelope he said we looked dark and suspicious, once the policeman saw us he said we looked like nice people.  Ha!  Alberto made sure that wasn't going to happen again.



While we filled in our paperwork, I noticed this.  Phil always tells me his little grandmother reminded him of Yoda.  It was just like having someone watching over us.  
So we drove off, with a smile on our face and hope in our hearts.
Thank you again to Cuqui's for your outstanding customer service and for being kind and fair.
Alberto, we consider you a friend, thank you.
On our way out, we noticed everyone working and I got a farewell shot.


YAHOOOOOOOO Cuqui's Cars - Thank you very much.

The best thing that has happened, Phil seems relaxed and happy.  I didn't realize the stress that it had been causing him.  He seemed like a new person when we got home.  This last week has been filled with fear, depression and stress.  We learned that Phil has a suspicious spot on his brain and that there isn't anything we can do except wait.  We lost Penelope, who had seemed like a part of our family.

The last couple of days, I have seen Phil interacting and showing social skills that have been gone for him the last couple of years.  Between being given the news at the doctor, which we have no control over and losing Penelope, something inside him changed.  I have seen him talk, interact and act more like himself than I have in a long time.  He loves Rusty, he has crawled under the car, looked all through the engine and has set her up, ready for adventure.
He came running in and out of the house telling me all the wonderful things about her, new timing belt, engine looks good and drives like a charm.  He loves her and he says he is ready for new adventures.  We have not been traveling because Penelope was in such bad shape and we could not afford the repairs.  We still live from penny to penny but we are living and loving life.
You couldn't find two people who are trying to live life to the fullest anymore than we are.


Look at that face!

I wrote a review for Cuqui's in yelp, my second one and I noticed that both reviews were hidden, they were only showing the bad reviews.  That didn't seem fair, so I decided that a blog might be a good thank you.
Here is what I wrote in yelp:
This is my second car from Cuquis Cars. Alberto saved the day again! Penelope the PT Cruiser served her time and we had an immediate need for a reliable car. My husband and I are on a journey with Phil's brain cancer. The first car I bought, when I walked in I was distraught, my husband was sick and I needed help. Alberto stepped in, made my life easier and helped me into a very dependable car. They took Penelope as a trade in, I got a great deal on a great car. We are very happy the Rusty our new Outlander. I know that if there is a problem that Alberto will help me handle it in the best way possible. Thank you for being helpful, honest and compassionate. My business and loyalty belong to Cuquis. I'm going to be including them into my blog. The blog is about our journey and my next entry is going to my story of getting our car at Cuquis!!!!

I highly recommend Cuqui's I find them to be a very reputable business!  Thank you very much! 

I have to say some thank you's now - Candice and Michele there are no words!
Patricia R. you helped us get around with the help of Andrew and Michele at Enterprise.
Chris your tires got us a trade in, it was the thing that stressed Phil out most - he kept talking about those new tires.  (Now we are ready to visit again)
Patti, Noelle and Nicole we love you.

To new journeys, hope, courage and of course LOVE!

 

  Gratitude fills us with the will to go on.
Thank you for your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment