Thursday, April 19, 2018

Welcome to the world - my new favorite photo - Baby seal makes entrance

Welcome to the world!
With new life comes possibilities!

Yesterday I took my favorite photo, one that I have dreamed of taking.  Ever since I have been photographing seals I wanted to get a photo with the face of the baby emerging from it's mother.  I got it!   As I took photos for "The Harbor Seals of Pacific Grove", Phil said he spotted one having a baby.  It was a good distance across the beach and we are restricted (with good reason) from the seals.  Therefore it was hard for me to see what I was shooting.  He called the plays and I kept gathering images.  The mother seal was on the small size and it took a struggle, but the pup made it and is it ever cute.
Here's a blow by blow of the birth.
























No comments:

Post a Comment